Post-Judgment Decisions

After a marriage dissolution takes place, there may need to be a change in visitation or support arrangements. Our attorney at Tamera C. Trindade, CFLS* Attorney and Counselor at Law, in Redding is a certified family law specialist and experienced in facilitating post-judgment actions, including modifications and enforcement.

Modification Matters

Many family law judgments are not written in stone because unforeseen changes can drastically affect the lives of parents and children. Here are examples of circumstances where change necessitates judgment modifications to accommodate the best interests of the children:

  • Remarriage
  • Change in employment or work schedule
  • Location of residence

For example, changing child custody orders to keep up with growing children's schedules help them remain connected to their parents while they participate in school activities and sports.

Modifications to child support are not retroactive. If you lose your job and are unable to pay child support, filing a modification as soon as possible lessens the amount of money you owe.

Enforcement Actions

If your child's parent has violated the terms of the custody or support agreement, it is vital to file a motion to enforce this court order. Our legal team will help you navigate the California legal system in the instance that you encounter a lack of cooperation from your ex-spouse with:

  • Child custody or visitation
  • Child support payments
  • Spousal support

If your former spouse owes back child support, it may be tempting to refuse custody or visitation access to your children. It is illegal to deny visitation. When you hire Ms. Trindade, she will design an effective legal strategy that secures a favorable outcome for you and your children.

Get In Touch With Us

Our firm can be your advocate for any modification or enforcement issue. Learn how you can improve your situation. Give our lawyer a call at 530-243-8220 or use this online form to schedule a consultation.

*Certified Family Law Specialist by the California State Bar Board of Legal Specialization.