Securing Guardianship Rights For Grandparents And Concerned Relatives

The best interest of the child is the standard that judges apply when they resolve family law disputes in court. In custody cases, California judges who award joint custody do so to encourage both parents to influence their child's growth and development.

In certain situations, however, a judge may determine that awarding guardianship to a nonparent would promote a minor's best interests. In Redding, Tamera C. Trindade, CFLS* Attorney and Counselor at Law, represents grandparents and relatives who seek to obtain a court order for guardianship.

Our legal team has decades of experience navigating complex legal processes. You can rest assured that we will handle your personal matter efficiently and effectively.

Helping You Receive Parenting Rights And Responsibilities

Concerned adults may be appointed as the child's guardian when the child's biological parents are not able to fulfill parenting duties due to:

  • Illness
  • Addiction
  • Criminal conviction resulting in a jail sentence
  • A record of child abuse
  • Military deployment

If you believe circumstances warrant filing for guardianship, lawyer Trindade will ensure that you submit the appropriate paperwork and will design a strong argument to support your case. A practiced litigator, Ms. Trindade knows how to craft a compelling claim in court using testimony and documentation.

Our family law firm is firmly committed to protecting children's welfare. We will act aggressively to secure guardianship rights so that children can be raised in a safe and nurturing environment.

Contact Us Today To Share Your Guardianship Questions And Concerns

For your convenience, you can schedule a private case review online or over the phone at 530-243-8220.

*Certified Family Law Specialist by the California State Bar Board of Legal Specialization.